Tuesday 13 December 2011

16th Contemplation: General Concepts of Karma | Great Middle Way

16th Contemplation: General Concepts of Karma | Great Middle Way:

'via Blog this'

16th Contemplation: General Concepts of Karma

Happiness comes solely from positive or virtuous acts.
Suffering comes only from negative or harmful actions.
Since virtuous and harmful actions ripen inevitably in this way,
I should adopt some actions and abandon others.
Whether my actions are virtuous or negative,
at the time of the causal act,
what I do may be minor.
But at the time of ripening of the act,
the result may increase in magnitude.
The smallest increases are a hundred or a thousand-fold.
The largest increases are immeasurable.
Therefore, giving up negative acts and adopting positive ones is essential.
If I do not take steps to repair harmful actions committed,
the imprints of those acts will not diminish in the least
until the action ripens fully as an effect.
If I have not done something,
it is impossible for the corresponding karma to arise in y continuum.
Therefore, it is vital to be careful
about what I do and what I avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment